🤨🤭🤑 This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Hunter Rising. Hunter Rising is a wikiHow Staff Writer based in Los Angeles. He has more than three years of experience writing for and working with wikiHow. Hunter holds a BFA in Entertainment Design from the University of Wisconsin - Stout and a Minor in English Writing.
The wikiHow Video Team also followed the article's instructions and verified that they work.
🤨🤭🤑 So the holidays are rolling around, but you're drawing a blank as soon as your girlfriend asks what you want. Even if there's a lot you could ask for, the prices of big gifts can start to add up. If you want a thoughtful gift from your GF without her breaking the bank, we're here to give you ideas. Keep reading for a ton of gifts that fit into her budget that you could ask for this Christmas season!
1 1 of 22:Books
- Asking for something new to read is a great pick if you’re a bookworm. Is there a book you’ve been meaning to read or a series you’ve been excited to start? Let your girlfriend know about the titles and some of your favorite authors so she can find the perfect book for you.XTrustworthy SourceUnderstoodNonprofit organization dedicated to resources and support to people with thinking differences, such as ADHD or dyslexiaGo to source
- If you love to cook, ask for a cookbook written by a foodie that you love.
- If you have an e-reader, ask for a Kindle or Nook gift card.
- Books are a great gift because they’re inexpensive and won’t be a big hit on your GF’s budget.
2 2 of 22:Sketchbook or journal
- If you love drawing or writing, you’ll fill up all the pages in no time. Since journals and sketchbooks come in a lot of different sizes and styles, your GF will be able to find one that you’ll love and fits in her budget.
- If you’re trying art as a new hobby, you could ask for a pack of pencils or basic art supplies too.
- For a really durable journal, ask for one that’s leather-bound.
3 3 of 22:Poster or art print
- A new piece of art can spruce up your decor. If you have a favorite artist, check if they sell prints of their work that your girlfriend could order. Otherwise, your GF can usually find posters for your favorite movies, musicians, or games at your local big box store.
- You could even ask for a cheap frame so you can display the artwork right away after you open it.
4 4 of 22:Multitool
- Every guy could use a toolkit that fits in their pocket. You never know when you’ll need a screwdriver, pliers, knife, bottle opener, or more, so getting an all-in-one tool is a practical gift to keep handy.XResearch source
- Your GF can find multitools online or at big box stores.
- You could also ask for an inexpensive toolkit if you want a full set of equipment.
5 5 of 22:Portable charger
- You’ll be able to keep your devices charged if you’re always on the go. There are a ton of different sizes and options for portable chargers, so she’ll have no trouble finding one in her price range. You could even tell your GF that a power bank will help you stay connected since your phone won’t die as often.
- You could also ask for the cables your phone or other devices use so you can easily connect them.
- You might even ask for phone accessories, like a case or grip stand.
- If you’ve only been together for a few weeks or months, then be careful not to ask for anything too expensive. Something that’s around $25 USD is a good starting point for a gift.XResearch source
6 6 of 22:Earbuds
7 7 of 22:Bluetooth speaker
- A small speaker is perfect if you want to jam out anywhere you go. Even a tiny speaker can pack a loud punch, so research a few different brands to find out what looks and sounds the best.
- Waterproof speakers are a little pricier but are a good option if you want to sing along to tunes in the shower.
8 8 of 22:Video game
- See if your GF can get you that one game you’ve been itching to try. If you’re a gamer, there are probably a couple of games you already have saved on your wishlist. Let your GF know what you’ve been wanting to play so they can find a copy for you at the store.
- Used games can help your GF save money if a brand new game is too expensive.
- You could also ask for accessories for your game console, like new controllers or a carrying case.
- If you buy your games digitally, then asking for a gift card for the console you play is a good option.
9 9 of 22:Board game
- Games are a great option if you want something fun to play together. If you loved a game you’ve played with a friend, ask for your own copy so you can play it whenever you want. You could get a couple of cheaper card games, or ask to splurge on a bigger game that’s a little more complicated. Some fun, easy-to-learn games you could get are:XResearch source
- Exploding Kittens
- Unstable Unicorns
10 10 of 22:Clothes
- Have her choose something stylish for you to wear. Your girlfriend probably has a good sense of your style, so you can let her know if you need a new shirt, tie, or pair of pants and give her your size. Show her pictures of a few styles that you like so she has an idea of what you want to add to your wardrobe.
- Make sure she gets you a gift receipt just in case you need to exchange the clothes for a different size.
- Beanies are a great gift since they’re comfortable and affordable.
- Ask for some fun patterned socks that would show off your personality.
11 11 of 22:Sports jersey
- Ask for a way to rep your favorite team this holiday season. Tell your girlfriend all of the players that you love to watch and want to support. If you give her a few different options, it’ll still be a surprise when you open your gift on Christmas.
- If a jersey is too expensive, you can ask for any other sports memorabilia for your team.
12 12 of 22:Shaving kit
- She’ll love that she’s getting you something to pamper yourself with. You could ask for a kit with a razor, shaving cream, and a brush, or an electric trimmer if you like to grow your facial hair out. There are tons of affordable options she can choose from so you can look and feel your best.
- You could even ask for 3-in-1 shavers that give you a close shaver, beard trimmer, and body hair trimmer.
13 13 of 22:Cologne
- Have your GF pick out a fragrance that’ll make you smell fresh. If you have a cologne that you like, check the name on the bottle and tell your GF. Otherwise, you can have her pick out a cologne that she thinks would smell good on you so the gift feels more thoughtful.
- If you go shopping together, stop by the fragrance section and test out a few colognes so you can let her know what scents you like the best.
14 14 of 22:Fitness equipment
- Weights or resistance bands are affordable gifts if you want to be active. Whether you want to start working out or just need to upgrade your equipment, your girlfriend will be able to find something that helps you stay fit. Just be careful not to ask for any expensive advanced machines since it would be too much money.
- Fitness balls or medicine balls are also affordable options you could recommend.
- If you have a gym membership, you could ask her for a gift certificate to cover the cost of a month or two.
15 15 of 22:Water bottle
- A reusable water bottle is a great practical gift you’d use every day. If you want to stay hydrated and be eco-friendly, tell your girlfriend about the kind of water bottle you want. Even if it doesn’t seem like the most exciting gift, it’s something that you might not think to get for yourself.
- If she has a little higher budget, you could even ask for a water bottle with a built-in filter.
16 16 of 22:Umbrella
17 17 of 22:Baking or cooking mixes
- Prepackaged recipes are great if you like spending time in the kitchen. Your GF can find jars or other gift sets filled with all the ingredients you need for soup, cookie dough, brownies, you name it! Let her know what you want to try cooking and she’s bound to find something easy that you could make.
- You can ask her to find easy cooking classes online. You’ll just need the ingredients, but they’ll walk you through how to make everything.
18 18 of 22:Kitchenware
- If you love to cook, you’ll get a lot of use from new utensils and kitchen tools. Look at all of the equipment and utensils in your kitchen to see if there’s anything that you could use. There’s probably a few cheap things that you could ask for or upgrade. Some options could be:
- A cheap knife set
- A personal blender
- A pizza stone
- A cocktail station
19 19 of 22:Concert tickets
- You could rock out to your favorite band if they’re touring near you. Check online to see if any musicians you like are coming near you and make sure the ticket prices aren’t too expensive. You could ask for a ticket just for yourself or tell your GF that you’d want to go with her.
- Check out local artists and shows in your area too. You can usually find smaller concerts that are a little more affordable.
20 20 of 22:Date night
- Planning a special night out is great for an experience you can both share. Rather than asking for a physical gift, ask her to plan a fun activity you could do together. Check for any classes or activities in your area that interest you and let your girlfriend know you’re interested. You could ask for something fun like:XResearch source
- A day at a museum
- A date at the arcade
- A fancy dinner
21 21 of 22:Gift card
- When in doubt, a gift card is a good fallback. If you can’t think of anything specific that you want, ask for a gift card to a store where you love to shop or a restaurant you both like. That way, she helps you put money toward buying something later on when you need it.
- You could also ask for a gift card for your favorite music or video streaming service.
- Gift cards are also great if you want something that’s really expensive so you don’t have to break your GF’s bank.
22 22 of 22:No gifts
- Let her know that spending the holidays with her is enough of a gift. If you’re both on a budget or truly feel like you don’t want anything, it’s okay to let her know you don’t want anything. That way, you can save money for other experiences that you have together instead.XResearch source
- "Just being with you this Christmas is the best thing I could ask for!"
- "What if we saved for a trip or big night out instead of gifts this year?"
- If your girlfriend still ends up getting you a gift, she’s being really thoughtful and you should give her a genuine thank you.