😝😅😰 wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 10 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.
This article has been viewed 55,896 times.
😝😅😰 It's simple to create realistic-looking fake blood out of flour or cornflour.
Steps Download Article
- 1Grab a big mixing bowl and a mixing spoon.
- 2Get as much cornflour/flour as you want to make your fake blood. (Cornflour and flour will both shrink in size when you add water, so use more than you think you need.)Advertisement
- 3Add enough water to make the mixture dribble- but not watery-consistency.
- 4Add red food coloring or orange and pink. Add only a drop at a time until you're happy with the final color.
- 5Mix everything together. Mix until it is very smooth, without lumps. If the blood doesn't look realistic then add in some bicarbonate of soda (baking soda); it'll froth but let it settle and it will work!
- 6Use as required. This will stain, so only wear with clothes you don't mind getting permanent red stains on. Done!
- QuestionHow can I dry this to make dried blood?Community AnswerTo make dried blood just use glue. Dye the glue with red food coloring and dry it out. This will stain if it comes in contact with your clothes.
- QuestionCan I use ketchup instead of food coloring?Community AnswerYou can, but the consistency will not be quite right so it won't be as realistic.
- QuestionWill it stain my skin?Community AnswerDepending on the quantity of red tint you use for the blood, yes, it will probably stain.
- You can use bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) but instead of using water, use tomato ketchup.
Things You'll Need
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Cornflour or plain/all-purpose white flour
- Red food coloring (or orange or pink)
- Bicarbonate of soda/baking soda (optional)