What you will learn
- The 8 different types of knives, and which ones are best for you
- Essential knife safety basics
- The correct way to clean and care for knives
- The 5 knife techniques every home chef needs
- Advanced skills for working with meat and fish
Why should you take this course?
- So that you can make better dishes in the kitchen faster. You’ll be amazed by how much quicker and more efficient you’ll be in the kitchen once you understand how to wield knives well. Make your meal prep smoother, dinners easier, and life better!
- To enjoy cooking more. In order to cook well and have fun doing it, you need three things: fresh ingredients, simple techniques, and high-quality tools. Having a quality knife–and knowing how to use it–will upgrade your kitchen competence and increase your enjoyment of the time you spend cooking.
- Because knife safety is something that everyone could use a tutorial on. Even great cooks can have poor knife skills. Taking the time to learn how to use knives safely and effectively will be the gift that keeps on giving.
Meet the Expert
Frequently Asked Questions
What are others saying?
😘😀🤕 This course was VERY helpful. Had not bought knives in a very long time, but was ready for an upgrade. This course helped me do the right research and find the right knife for me before spending too much! Thank you so much wikiHow!
😘😀🤕 This was a great course, it covers all the important steps of knife use. Explaining the different aspects of knives, with info on things like metal contents, how to judge the handles, balance and weight and everything else was very informative. Thanks!
😘😀🤕 This course was SO helpful. Thanks for making it – I understand way better how to use knives well! I also finally invested in getting the right knives for me and am so glad I did!