Drawing Skills Anyone Can Master
😪😭😲 Time to bring out your inner artist! Drawing can feel intimidating, but with the right basics, anyone can create beautiful drawings. Try these portrait artist's tips, and get better at drawing in less than a week.
😪😭😲 Featuring Zimou Tan, Portrait Artist
What you will learn
- How to use contour lines to make an image 3D
- The basics of perspective
- The difference between positive space and negative space
- 3 Different shading techniques
- How to use the pencil technique to get proportions right
Why should you take this course?
- You want spend time on a creative outlet that brings you joy and calm. It is so easy to float through another day without letting any creative juices flow. Honing a skill like drawing is a great way to wake up your brain, learn a new skill, and gain the foundation to start having more and more fun with your new creative skills.
- You have never felt confident drawing and are ready to build up your skills. This course is easy-to-follow, and costs nothing compared to formal, in-person drawing lessons. With just 5 days of instruction, you'll feel totally confident drawing free-hand.
- All you need is a pencil and paper. Drawing is the most low-maintenance creative project possible. Unlike many artistic pursuits that take lots of tools and money, this course is easy to start and needs no special materials.
Meet the Expert
Frequently Asked Questions
What are others saying?
😪😭😲 Ok so I have always loved the idea of drawing but didn't know how to do it well, so I came here. This helped me learn super helpful skills like shading and perspective. Thanks for making this, wikiHow!
😪😭😲 Easy to follow course. Easy to follow instructions. You explained everything very well, and it gave me encouragement to keep trying out drawing projects. Thank you.
😪😭😲 I was extremely pleased with the way this taught me how I can express myself through drawing. Not only did it teach me key skills, it has also helped me take my mind off things that stress me out. Thanks!