How to Take Care of
Your Dog, for Kids
😕😣😆 The ultimate kid-friendly course to help your child learn how to take care of a new dog. With 5 easy-to-follow, age-appropriate lessons, along with a test at the end with a chance to earn a certificate, your child will know just what it takes to be a good dog owner.
😕😣😆 Featuring David Levin, Dog Trainer
What kids will learn in this easy-to-print, kid-friendly PDF course:
- Setting up proper feeding schedules for a puppy/dog
- Advice for beginners for walking a new dog
- Methods for dealing with messes and accidents
- The easiest (and most fun) way to give a dog a bath
- Effective ways to bond and exercise with a new puppy
Why should your child take this course?
- So that your kid will walk the dog, even once the novelty wears off. Dogs sound fun (and they are!), but they also take work. Any child who thinks they are ready for a dog should take our course so they can get ready for their new best friend.
- To teach your kid accountability. What better way to inspire responsibility than to give your child an animal that needs love and affection? Learning to feed, walk, and bathe your dog will empower your child and make them more responsible and attentive.
- To foster a “best friend” relationship for your child that will last for years. This course will give your child strategies for bonding, playing, and having fun with the newest member of your family, which will pay off for years to come.
Meet the Expert
Frequently Asked Questions
What are others saying?
😕😣😆 I have been wanting a dog and doing this class will help me convince my parents that I am ready! Thanks wikiHow!
😕😣😆 I am so happy. Now I can take care of my dog without worrying that I don’t know what to do. Thank you so much for all your pet advice wikiHow.
😕😣😆 This course really helped my son realize that taking care of a new puppy won't be as easy as he thinks! Every day we talked about what he learned and how he felt about the practice assignment. I think now he won't take it for granted how much of a team effort it will be to raise a puppy.